Thursday, June 23, 2011

mischer'traxler design

They are Katharina and Thomas, from the Design Academy Eindhoven, and they're a good exemple of experimental and conceptional design because they have found a new way to develop complete production with new different approaches towards possibilities,usually through reuse and recycle of object.

Them projects have been shown at international design festivals and in various Museums. I like this project too much: bowls that are shaped by capturing the imprint of a fruit/vegetable.
The use of ceramic powder, which becomes really hard without being fired, gives the possibility that each bowl is as unique as the actual used fruit /vegetable. Therefore each cast bowl is an unique piece.


I found this pieces very poetic and simple, they remember me the beautiful imperfection of fragile things of nature and I would like everything so in my home.

source

No comments: