Tuesday, February 15, 2011

MUSIC AND COLOR!

"I am a big fan of Robert Rauschenberg and his ability to take items that were lying around and turn them into lush pieces of artwork. I was always very moved by how beautiful something made up of such mundane and throw away items could look when placed together with consideration.
My art is really heavily influenced by the music I'm inspired by and attempting to create. I think about music in terms of loud and quiet colors, textures and patterns, and to me a lot of these pieces are interpretations of songs or parts of songs. Songs are made up of a series of interlocking pieces that work well together and this is what I try to create with my art."
So says New Zealand based artist and reader Richard Pearse. I like his atworks, so elegant and colorful.
Is'nt he great? His works reminds me of Paul Klee, Tribal Art and something positive...
A lot of thanks to you Mr Richard!
Miss Milky xoxo

No comments: